Remind them of the things they can do:
- Don’t join the person [bullying/being unkind/saying hurtful words/doing something wrong]
- [agree on terminology]
- Tell them to stop
- Be a friend – go play with the person, maybe take them somewhere else
- Tell an adult you trust
Have the students stand in a circle and have a large beach ball to bounce to each other across the circle. Each child takes turns saying what they would do, based on the conversation and what Allies do when they see something wrong, ie. Don’t join, say stop, stand up, speak up, be a friend, tell an adult, etc.
- Everyone starts the same way with, “When I see [a bully/unkindness/hurtful words/something wrong],”
- Then, each child picks what they would do and then they bounce the ball to another child in the circle.
- The child that catches the ball says, “When I see [a bully/unkindness/hurtful words/something wrong],” and then says what they would do, and bounces the ball to another child.
- This continues until all children have been able to say what they would do and bounce the ball.
Here’s an example:
“When I see something wrong, I stand up!” bounce
“When I see something wrong, I tell an adult!” bounce
“When I see something wrong, I say stop!” bounce
“When I see something wrong, I am a friend!” bounce